Aya (Age 4) Nature Nursery
- What is your favorite thing to do at the Nature Center? I like to go creek walking!
- What do you learn about? Fishies! We see fish in the creek. I like to watch fish eat. They eat mosquitos.
Amara (Age 4) Nature Nursery
- What is your favorite thing about the Nature Center? I just love coming here.
- What do you do when you come to camp? We go this way and that way and we walk all around!
- Where do you like to go at the Nature Center? I like the boardwalk.
- Who is your favorite educator? Miss Mary Jo
- Are there any moments you’ll never forget from camp? We saw a deer!
Wilder (Age 5) Squirrel Scouts
- What do you like to do at camp? I like drawing
- What have you learned about? We learned about poison ivy. It has three leaves.
- What is your favorite thing at the Nature Center? The treehouse and Miss Nicole!
Milana (Age 5) Squirrel Scouts
- What do you like to do at camp? I am an artist and I like coloring
- Do you have any fun memories from the Nature Center? One time we looked at a turtle!! It pooped.
- What have you learned? Moths make cocoons and butterflies make chrysalis.
Maya (Age 7) Lifeguards
- What are you doing today at camp? We are going in the creek! We built a bridge in the creek with rocks and sticks and it’s still there! And we are making tie-dye. Tie-dye coffee filters to make flowers.
- Do you see animals at the Nature Center? We always see chipmunks and deer and baby deer. You can tell they are baby deer because they have white spots. Also we saw a great blue heron and a green heron.
- What have you learned about at camp? We learned that owls can turn their heads all the way behind them and that jewelweed looks wet in water and dry out of the water. The water does not stay on the leaves.
- What is your favorite thing about the Nature Center? The boardwalk because it’s high up and I can see all the plants.
- Who is your favorite teacher? Miss Katie. She says she is 100 years old.
Maggie (Age 9) Explorers
- What is your favorite thing to do at camp? I like to go creek walking to see fish and bugs. I also like to go on walks to see animals and look at birds from the window.
- Are there any moments you’ll never forget from camp? I saw a red headed woodpecker.
- What do you think about the Nature Center? If I were an animal, I’d like to live at the Nature Center.
- What are some cool things you do at camp? We look at bugs with the microscope. We looked at a waterbug from the creek. They had legs, but no shell. They looked humongous!
Jude (Age 9) Explorers
- How long have you been coming to camp? 3 years, I was a squirrel scout.
- What have you learned about at the Nature Center? I love fungus. I took pictures of mushrooms at my house after camp. My favorite are the puff balls. My dad mowed over one in our yard and it puffed up black spores!
- What is your favorite memory? One time at camp we were joking and kidding around about why there were so many trees in the forest! It was so funny.
- Can you tell us what you like to do at camp? Play snake tag, riddles, finding cool things and looking at fungus especially.