Our summer camps are the highlight of the season. We offer themed classes over 9 weeks for children grades pre k-9.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
SPRING BREAK CAMP
Children in grades K through 4 will enjoy a week filled with adventure with themed days and nature-inspired activities. This camp is scheduled for April 1-5 from from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with extended care available until 5 p.m. You can register for one, two or all five days of camp! Snacks provided but campers should bring lunch in a reusable container.
NATURE STORY TIME
For children aged 3 1/2 to 7 years, with an adult, this one-hour offering is a great alternative to summer camp. Nature Story Time is filled with stories, a craft and a hike related to the theme of the day. Space is limited so please pre-register to ensure your spot!
LESS SCREEN TIME. MORE NATURE.
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE CAMP
Your child will gain a better appreciation for the world around them through interactive discovery, hikes, crafts and field trips, learning about nature while having fun and making lasting memories! Our Summer Outdoor Adventure Camp is offered to children grades pre K through 9, with weekly themes per age group.
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE!
Register now! With 12 campers per class, our popular camps sell out quickly.
SIBLINGS + MEMBERS
We offer a $5 discount per child when registering more than one sibling, at the same time. Additionally, our members get discounts on camp!
SCHEUDULE + MORE
Scroll up to view the camp schedule and to see our other offerings. Don't miss out on Spring Break Camp and Nature Story Time!
When you become a member, it pays for itself with three week-long camp registrations! If you would like to use your member discount, use your Membership ID number as your personal coupon code to receive your discount at checkout. Your ID number and expiration date can be found on your membership card or in the email sent to open registration. Please call the Nature Center Welcome Desk at (216) 321-5935, ext. 235 before registering if you do not have your number. If you've already registered and did not use your Membership ID number or temporary coupon code to receive your member discount, please contact the Nature Center and we will be happy to apply your membership discount, minus a 5% processing fee.
Help share the joy your child has for camp with another and consider donating to our Camp Scholarship. Your donation can help a child in need attend a week of camp and explore, connect and become inspired by nature. Donations can be made during the camp registraion process.
NATURE STORY TIME:
3½ to 7 years with adult
Pre K (3½ to 4½ years)
Entering Grade 1 or 2
Entering Grade 3 through 5
Entering Grades 6 through 9
NATURE STORY TIME:
M-F, 9-noon, half OR full day (9-3) options
Frequently Asked Questions
Before registering for a class, we suggest you take a look through our FAQ section below. If you have a question that you're unable to find the answer to here, please call us at 216-321-5935.
Do you offer financial aid?
Financial aid packages are available. Need-based financial aid covers 25-75% of the cost of one week of camp. Download the form here to fill out or call the Camps and Adventure Programs Coordinator, Lauren Schmidt at (216) 321-5935, ext. 226 for more information and application materials. Applications are due in March, 2019. Award recipients will be notified in April.
What's your refund/cancellation policy?
Cancellations made before June 1, 2019 will be refunded (minus a $50 processing fee per week). Camp fees may be forfeited if cancellation is not made by June 1. The Nature Center reserves the right to cancel a camp if enrollment is low; in which case, you will receive a full refund. Any camp cancellations are determined two weeks before the start date of each individual camp week. Switching sessions will incur a $25 change fee.
What do I need to do to get my camper ready?
Fill out all applicable forms, including photo release, behavioral expectations, medication administration, emergency medical form and financial aid application during the registration process after clicking to register.
What should my camper bring to camp?
All campers must bring a reusable water bottle, lunch in a reusable container and backpack as access to trash cans and drinking fountains are limited during hikes.
More information about registration:
- Full payment is due at the time of registration. Member registration begins Thursday, November 1, 2018. Non-member registration begins January 14, 2019.
- Space is limited, please register early. Each camp typically has a maximum of 12 campers per session. No double sessions will be offered this year.
- All registrations require a valid email address for important and timely camp correspondence. Registered campers will receive a confirmation email with forms that are required to be completed for participation. Please check your spam or promotions folders for these emails.
- Emergency medical and behavioral expectations agreement forms must be completed and submitted by June 1.
- To ensure a safe camp environment, the classroom entrance remains locked. Doors open five minutes before camp begins and ends.
- The Nature Center reserves the right to refuse or discontinue an individual’s participation if his or her welfare or the welfare of others is in jeopardy.
- Each camp has one environmental educator and at least one teen volunteer. To receive more information about volunteering, contact Kristina Arthur, Volunteer Coordinator, at (216) 3212-5935, ext. 237.
- All campers receive one T-shirt and a camp photo. Please select desired shirt size when registering.
- Field trip days and locations are subject to change.
- If you are picking your child up early please sign them out in their classroom as usual.