Sunset the Corn Snake
Hi! I'm Sunset! I am a Corn Snake and I have lived at the Nature Center since 2009.
I was born in 2001 in captivity at University School in Shaker Heights. I was given to the Nature Center by Kris Sinnenberg of Shaker Heights and I am so happy to be here! Here are some interesting facts about me:
- Corn snakes are usually found in the Southeastern United States.
- I was about the size of a worm when I was born, and I hatched from an egg!
- I like hiding and burrowing.
- I eat mice.
- There is no venom in my bite.
- As I grow, I will shed my skin. My skin is different from yours. When you get biggeryour skin grows, but not mine. I need to shed my skin to make more room for my growing body. So I just shed the outer layer and start fresh. Pretty cool!