COVID-19 IMPACT INFORMATION
LAST UPDATED 8/10/2021
Our building hours are as follows:
- Tuesday through Sunday, 10AM-5PM and is free and open to the public.
- Wednesday Summer Hours are 10AM - 8PM.
- Monday, closed to the public.
- Trails remain open daily dawn until dusk.
- The Duck Pond Gift Shop is open during normal business hours.
- Jimmy's Treehouse is open during normal business hours and the observation deck is open dawn until dusk.
Stay tuned for more information as we continue to execute our full reopening plan.
Our re-opening plan ensures the safety of our staff and visitors. We will continue to follow CDC guidelines and will have the following procedures and guidelines in place throughout the months ahead:
- All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, are encouraged to wear a mask inside the Nature Center building.
- All high traffic areas, including door handles and bathrooms, will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
- Continue to practice good hygiene by washing and/or sanitizing your hands before and after trail and building use.
- If you are experiencing any signs of illness, we ask that you postpone your trip to visit the Nature Center.
- Indoor rentals are scheduled to resume September 1. Currently, our reservation calendar is open for outdoor rentals and B'earthday Parties, in spaces such as the Friends Pavilion, the Rose Foundation Gazebo on the ADA-accessible All People's Trail, and other outdoor venues. Thank you for your understanding.
- Scheduled programs and events during this time will also transition back to in person. Please check the programs and events page for specific information about each program.
TRAIL USAGE INFORMATION:
Trails and outdoor facilities remain free and open to the public from dawn until dusk. We understand the restorative, healing, stress-relieving power of connecting with nature and we encourage each of you to get outside to enjoy our trails, habitats, and green spaces with your families and friends.
Our staff and board of trustees continue their dedication to our visitor's safety. Some of our staff will continue working from home or alternate office days to minimize occupancy. We are grateful for their dedication and flexibility as we continue with the many ongoing operational and capital projects to enhance visitor experiences and connections to nature.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support over the past year and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Nature Center.